Last updated: April 2017
Which personal data do we process?
Before you can use our App, we will ask you to login with your name, email provider, email address and password, which data we will process. Based on this information, an account is created on our servers to store app-specific settings and to share tips on the usage of our app through a welcome-email.
After installing the App and creating your account, you are able to check emails as well as receive notifications of new incoming emails. We will also process these data. In addition, we will process your IP address, browser language and device/advertising ID.
How do we use your personal data?
We use the personal data you have provided us with for the purposes described below.
- We use your name to verify your identity to access your profile.
- We use your email provider, email address and password to access your email for optimal use of the App and send you email notifications.
- We use your email address to keep you informed on campaigns and (special) offers that might be interesting for you by email. You can unsubscribe from these services at any time.
- We use the data about your browser language, IP address and your device ID in order to address you in a language you speak, to determine which campaigns and (special) offers might be interesting for you, to show relevant advertising and for (aggregated) statistics about the usage of our apps.
- We store your name and email-address (the ‘account’ you have with us) on a server together with app-specific settings you use. We do so in order to synchronize your settings accross multiple devices.
Who do we share your personal data with?
Third party services we have integrated
You may find advertising or other content in our App that links to websites, products and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control said advertisements or content and are not responsible for any products or services offered via advertisements in our App. Please note that said third parties will have their own privacy policies. We advise you to read those privacy policies of third parties carefully before using our App.
The following services are integrated into our app:
- Analytics: HockeyApp and Google Analytics
- Crash statistics: HockeyApp
- Advertising: MoPub; MobFox; Facebook Audience Network; Millenial Media/AOL
- Server to check for emails and notifications: Amazon Web Services
This list may change from time to time and we do our best to keep this list updated.
How do we protect your personal data?
We work hard to protect your personal data from unauthorized or unlawful access, alteration, disclosure, use or destruction of your personal data. If possible we encrypt our services (e.g. using SSL), the data are only accessible through a secret password and our employees only have access to your data on a need-to-know basis.
For what period will we retain your data?
We will retain your personal data as long as is necessary for us to provide proper services. Before deleting your personal data, we may irreversibly anonymize your personal data and retain these as generic aggregated data for further improvement of our services.
Cookies and device/advertising id
We may use “cookies” and your “device/advertising ID” to enhance your experience when you use our App and to show you advertisements that might be interesting for you. A cookie is a small text file, containing a string of characters that can be placed on your device when you visit the App. This text file uniquely identifies your browser or device. When you visit the App again, the cookie allows to recognize your browser or device. You can change your cookie settings in your browser, if you don’t want cookies to be sent to your device. Please note that some App features or services of our App may not function properly without cookies.
We use the following types of cookies for the App:
- Technical cookies: these are cookies that are essential for the operation of our App, they enable you to move around our App and use our features.
- Analytical/statistical cookies: we use these cookies to track visitor statistics. We use these statistics to continuously improve the App and mailings, and thus offer you relevant content. These cookies also allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors navigate when they’re using our App. This helps us to improve user navigation and ensure users to find what they need more easily.
- Tracking cookies: these cookies monitor clicking behaviour and surfing habits. By means of these cookies we can see whether and when you view your profile, and whether you click through to our App.
Your rights and who to contact
You have the right to tell us if you:
- would like a copy of the personal information which we have processed about you (please note that you can also view, edit or delete your personal data by logging in to your personal account);
- would like us to correct, update or delete your personal information in our records;
- wish to report any misuse of your personal information.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about how we handle your personal data in relation to our use of our App, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
ALPHA APPS B.V.
1100 DL Amsterdam Zuidoost